In the past, buying a mattress was an expensive process. Most of the time, people would have to pay a significant amount of money to get a great mattress. However, now there are great mattresses being sold online for less than $1,000. This makes the mattress-buying process more affordable and gives consumers more options when it comes to finding something that fits their needs.
This guide allows people to find the best online mattresses under $1000 that is comfy enough, fits their budget and use a combination of premium materials, thoughtful design, and high-quality construction.
Our Top Picks
The best mattresses under $1,000 are:
- Layla – Best Memory Foam Mattress
- Helix – Best Customizable Mattress
- Nectar – Best Mattress For Side Sleepers
- Brooklyn Bedding Signature – Best Hybrid Mattress
- Leesa – Best Queen Mattress Under $1,000
- Bear – Best Mattress for Pain Relief
- Tuft & Needle – Most Affordable Mattress
There are so many options on the market that choosing a mattress can be a daunting task. That’s why we’ve taken some of the work out of it for you by rounding up 5 great online mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and are available on Amazon.com. These beds will suit all kinds of sleepers and will have you sleeping soundly in no time at all.
Best Memory Foam Mattress
The Layla features a unique design and is actually flippable, giving the mattress two firmnesses in one. The top side is firmer and supportive while the bottom side is soft and comfortable. The layers on both sides are a 1.75” of memory foam, 2” of pocketed coils, 2” of open cell, foam with 3” of gel memory foam on top. Covering the mattress is a quilted cotton blend with a stretch knit fabric for keeping you comfortable and cool throughout the night.
The Layla is our best-selling, most innovative mattress. The Layla’s unique design allows it to be flippable, offering two firmnesses in one. One side is firm and supportive, the other is soft and comfortable for maximum versatility. It also has our unique comfort curve edge support system for a safe and secure sleep experience.
With the Layla mattress, you get two firmnesses in one. Ideal for couples who sleep in different positions, this mattress is flippable. On one side, the Layla features an ultra-supportive base, and on the other side, a plush polyfoam layer ensures a comfortable night’s rest. The unique open cell design of the gel memory foam molds to your body for an adaptive support that cradles and contours to relieve pressure points. An optional cover is available for extra durability.
It features a flippable design, so you really get two different firmness levels for one great price. This mattress is designed for cool sleep, working with the air circulation around your body to keep you comfortable throughout the night.
What Makes The Layla Mattress Stand Out?
- It features a flippable design, so you really get two different firmness levels for one great price.
- It is the ultimate hybrid, with two separate firmnesses in one mattress. Each side is expertly tailored for a specific feel. The soft side is crafted for comfort and ease when moving in and out of the best sleep of your life.
- It helps align your body from head to toe improving both blood circulation and pressure relief. Ideal for most side sleepers.
- The pressure-relieving memory foam, coupled with the cooling benefits of the Tencel cover, makes it the perfect choice for anyone who moves around while sleeping.
Best Customizable Mattress
The Helix warm knit cover is made from Tencel, a plant fiber that makes up fifty percent of the bed’s surface area. Tencel is a different material than cotton or polyester, and the softness of the cover depends on which type of Tencel was used, according to DeSimone. The average starting cost is $749, and the average mattress is $967.
The Helix Mattress is an online-only mattress that delivers right to your doorstep. The bed is composed of three layers of foam and a removable cover, which can be thrown into the washer and dryer to clean. The underlying foam also acts as an air conditioner, preventing heat from building up in the mattress and reducing moisture for better sleep.
Helix’s Tencel sheets are the only ones out there that are available in white. The sheets come with a 15-year warranty, and they will be delivered to you free of charge if you buy a mattress from Helix.
Helix’s main selling point is their unique cover material, but there is another reason. The mattress company is an offshoot of Helix Sleep , a science-based company that develops sleep technology, products, and solutions.
What Makes The Helix Mattress Stand Out Among Others?
- Firmness and design are the two most important things that one must consider when buying mattresses. These two things depend on the sleeping preferences of people. One may like a different firmness as compared to another person. So, they should buy accordingly to their preferences.
- It is a good choice for budget-minded shoppers looking for a high-quality mattress. The Helix Mattress comes in three unique variants: Classic, Balanced and G3.
- It is an advanced foam mattress with coils in it. The idea behind the coils is that they help support your body while promoting airflow through this mattress. With coils on top, you should be able to sleep cooler and more comfortably than most memory foam mattresses.
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
Most mattresses brands feature two layers of foam at the top of the mattress. This is just a marketing trick. As most of the comfort in any mattress originates from the upper layers, so the customer is getting only half of what they paid for! Nectar consists of three ultra-high quality layers to ensure that your comfort is never compromised.
There are some unique features to the Nectar mattress that really distinguish it from the competition. Its support relies on sort of a 3-layer system. You have the top layer which is going to be a soft gel memory foam. Then you’ve got a thicker core memory foam layer that gives you a little bit more comfort and cushioning. And then beneath that, again, is another layer of base foam.
What is even better, the Nectar mattress has a great value. This model is just $499 for a queen size which means you can get a top of the line memory foam bed for just under 500 bucks, instead of thousands like most top mattresses. The Nectar mattress will be delivered in a small box and you will be able to set it up within minutes.
All in all, the Nectar is a very nice memory foam bed in a box mattress that won’t break the bank!
What Makes The Nectar Mattress Stand Out?
- If you are looking for a value priced memory foam mattress with pressure-relieving comfort and support, the Nectar Mattress might be right for you. The 5″ thick, all-foam mattress combines a mixture of gel memory foam and traditional memory foam.
- The Nectar is a great option for side and back sleepers. Its firm and supportive memory foam layer dissipates pressure points, giving you the support you need to wake up with no aches, pains or stiffness.
- With a combination of gel memory foam and bounce foam, it keeps the mattress from trapping too much heat, giving you a refreshing night’s sleep.
Best Hybrid Mattress
Brooklyn Bedding Signature is a high-quality mattress at an affordable price. The Signature features the combined technologies of Eco-Cool and Cool Spring, which make it an excellent choice for those who tend to sleep warm. It also features eco-friendly organic cotton batting, which is supportive and provides that nice soft feel you want in a mattress. Plus, it comes with a 10-year limited warranty!
Brooklyn Bedding custom-makes its mattresses, and the Signature model represents some of the highest quality for a surprisingly low price. The mattress features Brooklyn’s patented hybrid pocket coil spring system with coils that are integrated into the foam layers; not just placed on top.
The Brooklyn Bedding Signature mattress is affordable and durable, made with a combination of quilting, micro coils, and a signature foam. This combination ensures that you’ll have a comfortable night’s sleep each night for years to come.
Its triple-layer construction, encased in a soft cover, makes it very comfortable indeed. Each layer plays its own role in creating the luxurious sleep experience you desire from memory foam. The bottom layer is constructed using gel-infused memory foam, which draws heat away from your body and keeps your body temperature regulated throughout the night, allowing you to get a deeper, uninterrupted sleep.
What Makes The Brooklyn Bedding Signature Stand Out?
- This is a slightly different hybrid mattress that is sold for a value price. It uses dual-layer foam, steel and pocket coils, and an extra layer of gel memory foam right at the top surface.
- is a combination of two popular and effective mattress designs: coils and latex. Then, they’ve taken it up a notch by adding in zoned support to target different pressure points on the body and extra high-density foams for added cushioning.
- This mattress is available in three great firmness levels to suit nearly any sleeper, and is backed by a 20-Year Limited Warranty.
Best Queen Mattress Under $1,000
The Leesa mattress was created for side sleepers who also know they should be sleeping on their backs. The AirCool technology, which consists of a lightweight cover plus 2 side panels, absorbs heat and allows the Leesa to adjust as you switch positions throughout the night. Choose your firmness, and watch our 360° videos to see for yourself how the AirCool system works. As for firmness, you choose (from soft to medium-firm) based on how your body feels when you wake up in the morning.
Leesa Mattress is based on a simple idea: the go-to mattress for people who switch between back sleeping and side sleeping. It is also great for those who like to move around while they sleep. It has a supportive memory foam layer on top so you remain comfortable and supported wherever you sleep and the added benefit of a cooling and regulating gel layer that minimizes heat retention.
Leesa mattresses are intuitive, easy-to-use, and made to your exact specifications. They’re designed to help you sleep better and feel great every day and night. Choose from three firmness levels: Soft, Medium, or Firm. Each level is designed based on the mattress position you select (Back, Side, or Stomach). Their Exclusive Adaptive Feel™ foam responds to body pressure and provides targeted support where it is needed most.
Leesa offers a unique mix of comfort and value. The eco-friendly foam mattress has a foam feel that sleeps cool and pressure-relieving memory foam. Sleepers will fall in love with the price, too, as they can get a Queen size mattress for under $1000!
What Makes The Leesa Stand Out?
- The Leesa Mattress is a 8-inch, medium-firm mattress that strikes the ideal balance of comfort and support for back sleepers. With open cell construction that makes it breathable and responsive, pressure-relieving 3 inches of memory foam, and a supportive base layer.
- The mattress includes a mix of foam layers for better support and responsiveness. It utilizes open- and closed-cell foams to offer an additional layer of cushioning. This mattress is also responsive, offering a quick response for pushing off of the bed during sleepers’ movements
- The Leesa’s foam responds to your body for the support and comfort you need. The breathable elastic top layer provides a responsive feel, while the breathable knit fabric promotes airflow through the mattress.
Best Mattress for Pain Relief
The Bear is a luxury memory foam mattress made with CertiPur-US certified foams that has passed rigorous emissions standards. It contains some of that slow-moving memory foam feel where you sink into the mattress like quicksand, but at the same time, its memory foam layer is not too thick so people shouldn’t worry about trapping themselves in the mattress.
The promise of a great night’s sleep is now better and more affordable with the all-foam Big Bear mattress. Sink into the pillow top layer of comfort that combines slow-moving memory foam with cooling technology. The density of this foam gives great support to help you stay in place while you sleep, and provides a truly soothing and restorative sleep surface.
The all-foam bed features two different foam layers. The top layer is made from memory foam, which responds to body heat and contours to the curves of your body. Underneath the memory foam is a 1.5 inch comfort foam layer that relieves pressure points so you can sleep soundly. Both layers are wrapped in fabric that is resistant to allergens and liquids for additional sleeping comfort.
What Makes The Bear Mattress Stand Out?
- Bear Mattress is a luxury, gel memory foam mattress that offers ultimate comfort. It provides that soft memory foam feel without trapping people in the mattress.
- The Bear Mattress is made with support for your lower back and also a layer of memory foam. The inner foam offset the pressure points so that you are not stuck in the middle of the mattress. That’s called “sinking. It is ideal for both back sleepers and side sleepers.
- The Bear Mattress is the perfect solution for the athlete who wants better sleep and the trainer who wants to ensure their athlete gets a good night’s rest. It features a Celliant cover that is clinically proven to speed up recovery from intense activity, which could be helpful to athletes who want to recover from a difficult workout faster.
Most Affordable Mattress
The Tuft & Needle is an all-foam mattress in a box that has two layers – proprietary Adaptive Foam over base foam. This simple construction allows the company to price the mattress very competitively, and it is one of the most affordable mattresses on this list. The Adaptive Foam makes for a unique sleep experience by adapting to your temperature and body position, which also contributes to a more supportive feel.
The Tuft & Needle bed in a box mattress has three layers: (1) 1.5″ of Adaptive Foam absorbs pressure points and contours to your body, (2) 2.0″ of base foam provides the foundational support, and (3) 0.5″ of micro coils provides back sleeping support. This simple construction allows the company to price the mattress very competitively, and it is one of the most affordable mattresses on this list.
The mattress features 2.8 inch Adaptive Foam which is a special foam that has been designed to respond to body weight and temperature. This allows for you to get personalized support from the mattress, while still conforming to your movement. The top layer is 2 inches of base foam which gives you the comfort you need, but also helps the surface to remain durable enough for everyday use.
Tuft & Needle is a no-frills mattress offering an all foam feel that won’t break the bank. While we wouldn’t necessarily recommend it for side sleepers, you may want to take a look if budget is your primary concern.
What Makes The Tuft & Needle Stand Out?
- It is a very good choice for a mattress that can offer you better value for money. It has a strong and supportive construction with a one-of-a-kind design that its competitors do not have.
- The Medium Tuft & Needle pillow is seven inches high and a full 21 inches long. It has been designed to work well for both back sleepers and side sleepers.
- It features cooling infusions to keep you from overheating at night so you wake up refreshed and energized. And the high-density foam we use reduces pressure points and improves spinal alignment, so you wake up feeling great.
What Should You Consider When Shopping A Mattress Under $1000
When you are buying a mattress, the last thing that you want to do is break the bank, but there are many high-quality mattresses that cost less than $1000. Many of these mattresses are on this list. If you are looking for the best mattresses under 1000 dollars, then make sure to search for your specific needs and continue to read any consumer reports that recommend quality brands. Web-based retailers usually offer free shipping on top of lower prices, so it may be worth your while to check if these stores carry the types of mattress that you are looking for.
Here’s our definitive list of the best mattresses under $1,000 so you can sleep easy tonight.
|Helix||Best Customizable Mattress|
|Nectar||Best Mattress For Side Sleepers|
|Brooklyn Bedding Signature||Best Hybrid Mattress|
|Leesa||Best Queen Mattress Under $1,000|
|Bear||Best Mattress for Pain Relief|
|Tuft & Needles||Most Affordable Mattress|
|Layla||Best Memory Foam Mattress|
There are a ton of articles out there on the internet recommending mattresses that are so expensive, they’re hard to trust. I wrote this article to point you toward some options that include the best mattresses under $1000 range that I’ve tried and tested. Three years ago, I decided to fully research mattresses and write extensively about my experience trying out various ones so I could find an affordable mattress that didn’t suck. With this in mind, above are my recommendations for good mattresses under $1000