Mattresses can be expensive, but they are a very worthwhile investment because of how greatly they affect the rest of our lives. We spend up to one-third of our lives sleeping, so a fitting mattress is not an extravagance but a necessity!
For those who are ready to spend a bit more on a high-end mattress, I’ve put together a list of my favorite mattresses that cost less than $2000. They are pricier than some other bed-in-a-box mattresses, but they are all definitely worth it – this article will go over everything consumers need to know when looking for the best mattress under $2,000 and then go through the construction and details of each of the top mattresses picks.
Our Top Picks
The best mattresses under $2000 are:
- Bear Hybrid – Best Hybrid Mattress
- WinkBeds – Best Innerspring Mattress
- Purple Hybrid – Best Durable Mattress
- Brooklyn Bedding Aurora – Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Zenhaven – Best Latex Mattress
First off, there is no one mattress for everyone, because sleepers all have their preferences with regard to firmness, feel, and design. These five mattresses under $2000 should be a good match for different types of sleepers, so there should be a little something for everyone!
If you’re still searching for the right mattress for you, take our mattress quiz to receive tailored recommendations.
Best For Side Sleepers
Brooklyn Bedding Aurora
The Aurora mattress is one of Brooklyn Bedding’s most luxury mattresses and contains CopperFlex Foam, TitanFlex Foam, memory foam, and pocketed coils. CopperFlex and TitanFlex are latex alternatives that are quite responsive and make it easy to move around on the mattress.
Brooklyn Bedding has to be one of my favorite mattress companies. They actually own their own factory, so they are able to price their mattresses very competitively and there truly is no middleman.
The CopperFlex foam is infused with copper, a cooling agent that assists with heat dissipation. The mattress cover also contains Phase Change Material which also helps with cooling. Combining that with the amount of airflow allowed by the coils, this should be a cooler-sleeping and breathable mattress.
Finally, let’s not forget Aurora’s ridiculous pressure relief. The mattress has a very thick comfort layer that should relieve pressure for most side sleepers. While the mattress is also a good fit for back sleeping, this is the best mattress under $2000 for side sleepers.
What Makes The Aurora Mattress Stand Out?
- Considering the quality of the materials, I would expect the Aurora to cost much more than it does.
- The mattress is responsive, so it is very easy to change positions.
- It’s a great mattress for side sleepers.
- The Brooklyn Bedding Aurora should provide excellent pressure relief for side sleepers and good support for back sleepers overall.
- The mattress contains many cooling materials and should be a good match for hot sleepers .
Best Hybrid Mattress
The Comfort Foam is designed to offer better pressure relief than memory foam and, having slept on the mattress myself, I can say this is true. Side sleeping on the Bear Hybrid, most should feel very little pressure on there shoulders and hips. Just looking at the pressure map results, the Bear Hybrid is relieving almost all pressure on the shoulders and hips.
The Bear Hybrid is, well, a hybrid mattress, and it’s made by Bear. Okay, that’s a little obvious, but this is a very luxurious hybrid that includes pocketed coils and Comfort Foam.
The Bear Hybrid is also a fantastic option for back sleepers, because people should sink into that Comfort Foam just a bit while the pocketed coils support them from below.
The mattress should also work for hot sleepers and athletes because of the Celliant technology it features in its cover. Celliant has been shown to help dissipate body heat and also improve muscle recovery.
There’s a lot to love about the Bear Hybrid, a luxury mattress for under $2000.
What makes the Bear Hybrid mattress stand out?
- The mattress features a great balance of comfort and support.
- The Bear Hybrid should be pressure-relieving enough for side sleepers, and supportive enough for back sleepers.
- The Celliant technology and airflow-promoting coils should make this a cooler-sleeping mattress.
- The mattress could also be a good fit for athletes, as the Celliant cover is meant to help with recovery.
Finding a mattress with the right firmness is paramount, and that’s why I’m such a fan of the WinkBeds mattresses. They offer their mattresses in a variety of firmnesses, and they are all extremely nice. They all feature two sets of steel coils as well as a Euro-style pillow top, so with WinkBeds, it’s all about sleeping in style.
I personally reviewed the WinkBeds Luxury Firm mattress and found it to be close to medium-firm. It is a very supportive mattress and even features zoning in its coils and latex layer. Lying on their backs, most sleepers should feel the perfect amount of support. Also, larger sleepers who need even more support can opt for the WinkBeds Plus mattress.
Also, that zoning makes the mattress feel a bit softer for side sleeping. Most should sink into that pillow top and feel great pressure relief on their shoulders and hips.
With its multiple sets of coils, the WinkBeds mattresses have more of that innerspring feel. In the end, this is the best innerspring mattress under $2000.
What Makes The WinkBeds Mattress Stand Out?
- It is a luxury, innerspring mattress that features quality components.
- The mattress features a zoned construction, making it a good fit for multiple sleeping positions.
- The WinkBeds should be a good option for hot sleepers.
The Purple mattresses are some of the most unique options on the market right now because of their Purple Grid technology, a hyper-elastic gel polymer that is simultaneously supportive and pressure-relieving.
This gel grid works very differently from the foams found on top of many other mattresses. It stays firm and supportive until we apply enough pressure, and when that occurs, that specific area will collapse while the rest of the mattress is unaffected.
The Purple Hybrid mattress is just under $2000 for a Queen-size and features 2″ of that Purple Grid plus pocketed coils. The mattress is a particularly good option for both back sleepers and stomach sleepers.
In addition, the Purple Hybrid is one of the cooler mattresses because the gel grid and coils allow for a lot of air to flow through the mattress.
The gel polymer is also an extremely durable material and should make this a very good long-term investment. In fact, this is probably the most durable mattress under $2000 available on the market.
What Makes The Purple Hybrid Mattress Stand Out?
- The mattress contains a hyper-elastic gel polymer that provides a great balance of comfort and support.
- Back sleepers and stomach sleepers should get some excellent support from the gel grid and the steel support coils.
- The Purple Hybrid is a very breathable mattress and should not sleep too hot .
- It should be a very long-lasting mattress, making it an excellent long-term investment.
The Zenhaven is an all-natural mattress that contains four layers of Talalay latex. The mattress is also flippable, so it has a Gentle Firm side and a Luxury Plush side.
The two sides of the Zenhaven are pretty close in terms of firmness with the Gentle Firm coming in at 6.5/10 and the Luxury Plush a 7/10. Both sides are very supportive and should be a good fit for back sleepers and stomach sleepers. The small difference in firmness really lets sleepers hone in on the precise firmness they are looking for.
As mentioned earlier, the Zenhaven is all-natural and is therefore free of harmful chemicals, so those who want to lie down on a mattress that is clean and natural will like the Zenhaven.
What Makes The Zenhaven Mattress Stand Out?
- The Zenhaven is an all-natural latex mattress and does not contain nasty chemicals.
- The mattress is very responsive and bouncy, meaning it is easy to switch positions.
- It is a flippable mattress and offers two firmnesses in one, maximizing the chances people will get the appropriate firmness for them.
- This is a very breathable mattress and should not sleep too hot.