Finding the best air mattress can be a daunting task, since there are so many models and manufacturers to choose from, and the prices range from low to high. However, if you take the time to read user reviews and do your research, you will be able to pick the perfect mattress for your individual needs.
The Best Air Mattresses – Our Top Choices
- Best Luxury Air Mattress – AeroBed
- Best Overall – Saatva Solaire
- Best Value Air Mattress – Intex
- Best Camping Air Mattress – SoundAsleep
- Most Versatile Air Mattress – Coleman
Because everyone has their own preferences and needs, there is no perfect air mattress. Therefore, one of these air mattresses should be a suitable choice for any situation.
Best Luxury Air Mattress
AeroBed With Built-In Pump And Headboard
The AeroBed Air Mattress with Built-In Pump and Headboard is a great option for a guest bed or a temporary bed when someone is visiting. This particular mattress has a built-in pump that inflates and deflates the mattress with the push of a button; this is especially nice as it ensures that the mattress is properly inflated each time.
It also has two separate built-in pumps that allow the mattress to continue to inflate when air inevitably escapes during the night; this ensures that the mattress is always at its correct level of firmness and comfort.
The AeroBed Air Mattress with Built-In Pump and Headboard comes with a headboard that is designed to keep pillows from sliding off the edge of the mattress.
What Makes The AeroBed Stand Out?
The AeroBed has an integrated pump that features three different firmness settings, giving sleepers multiple comfort and support choices.
- The AeroBed has an integrated built-in pump attached to the AeroBed that offers sleepers three levels of firmness to choose from, so they’ll have greater comfort and support.
- A secondary pump made for the AeroBed ensures the mattress stays properly inflated all night long without going flat.
- It has a taller profile than most mattresses and has a headboard, giving it a luxury look and feel.
Each of these chambers can be inflated or deflated to three different levels, providing a soft, medium or firm feel without any of the problems of couples having to share a single mattress. The Solaire also comes with a pillow-top cover made from organic cotton, and an additional layer of memory foam.
The latex layer, divided into five subzones for increased support, adds an extra layer of responsiveness to the bed.
Best Value Air Mattress
This Intex Dura-Beam Hi-Rise Premium Comfort Airbed with Internal Pump is a substantial air mattress with a number of interesting features. It is 22″ tall, even taller than the AeroBed air mattress, and has a built-in pump with one firmness setting.
This Intex stands out because of its inherent durability, and this is always something to consider when shopping for an air mattress. The air mattress features a proprietary Fiber-Tech construction in which thin strands of polyester are woven through the PVC and is meant to prevent air leakage and popping – this should ensure that the Intex air mattress lasts for a number of years. At the same time, the Intex is a surprisingly affordable mattress; it sells for less
What Makes The Intex Stand Out?
- This Intex model comes with an inbuilt pump, which inflates the air mattress in only a few minutes.
- With a Fiber-Tech construction, the air mattress lasts longer and will keep leaks and popping to a minimum.
- Despite being a very comfortable product and one of high quality, the Intex Dura-Beam Hi-Rise Premium Comfort is offered at an affordable price.
Best Camping Air Mattress
The SoundAsleep Camping Series is an incredible air mattress that is designed for all of your camping needs. It is a high-quality air mattress that is designed for all of your needs.
The SoundAsleep air mattress is 9″ tall and is constructed with a multi-layered PVC that is designed to prevent puncturing and air leakage. This can happen easily when camping because of the rocks and sharp sticks found at campsites, but this shouldn’t be a particular issue with the SoundAsleep.
In addition, the SoundAsleep is a particularly comfortable mattress, and we found it to be an exceptional fit for all three sleeping positions. Whether we lay on our back, side, or stomach, we had no trouble falling right to sleep, and the soft flocking found on top of the mattress made it easy to move around without making excessive noise.
What Makes The SoundAsleep Stand Out?
- A durable option, the SoundAsleep Campingair mattress you can use outside or inside and shouldn’t puncture when used this way.
- This air mattress can be easily inflated and recharged with the included air pump thanks to its fast speed.
- Sleeping in any position at night should not bother campers using the SoundAsleep.
Most Versatile Air Mattress
The Coleman Double High SupportRest air mattress is one of the best air mattresses on the market today. It is built to last, it feels comfortable, and it is versatile enough to work for most people. Overall, this is a great value and a great product.
It is constructed from thick PVC and shouldn’t leak or pop, even when being used outside. In addition, the Coleman features a Support Lock system that provides even support across the entire air mattress so, whether one uses it inside or outside, the air mattress should feel comfortable and supportive.
The air mattress also boasts a very effective air valve that should keep air from leaking out during inflation. It is called a Double Lock Valve and it takes two steps to open it and inflate or deflate the mattress.
Finally, it is also a very good value and costs around $80 for a Queen-size, a fantastic deal for an air mattress from such a reputable company.
What Makes The Coleman Stand Out?
- With a dual density air mattress, the Coleman Double High Support Rest can be used inside or outside and is quite versatile.
- This mattress from Coleman air offers durability as well as affordability, making it a worthwhile investment.
- It has a Double Lock Valve, which is meant to stop air from leaking out through the Coleman.